Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Can't Live With 'Em, Can't Live Without 'Em

As I have previously professed, I am a lover of food and family. The past six months in France have highlighted the turbulent love affair I have with food, the love/hate/love/hate more passion. I have just started to "normalize" my eating habits (aka: taking a different route home as to avoid the delicious smell of fresh baked bread from the boulangerie) but am no doubt about to take a turn in the wrong direction. My boyfriend's parents are here to visit for a month and will no doubt want to indulge in the delicacies of the city - how do I just sit and watch? In the 5 hours his father has been in this town, I have completely let go of all my self-control (as if I had any to begin with). But family is family and you've got to do what makes them happy, right? Even if it means a few buttered pastries....


Tuesday's business:


Fitness:
Because of some strange back sprain, I only could do arm work laying down (weird, right?)
20 minutes of: skull crushers (tricep work laying down), fly (on the floor and on the edge of the bed for ab control) and foam roller toe touches.


Food:
Breakfast - raspberry, banana, pineapple smoothie
Morning Snack - Tone It Up protein bar
Lunch - salmon and 1 cup white rice
Dinner - eggplant ratatouille (delish recipe from Tankini), grilled chicken breast
Evening Snack - 1 bowl Kellogg's All Bran cereal


Today's total derailment:


Fitness:
Hasn't happened yet but planning on doing this Tone It Up Itty Bitty Bikini workout


The trouble maker:
Breakfast - Activia mango yogurt
Breakfast 2 - hot cocoa, buttered croissant
Lunch - went to one of my favorite cafés in Paris, Café La Fusée, and devoured veggie soup, half a tartine (bread with melted cheese and chives), green salad, 1/2 mozzarella, tomato and basil sandwich, 1 slice baguette and a handful of finely sliced salami.
Afternoon Snack (because for some reason I felt compelled to keep eating...) - a few pieces of white cheddar cheese, camembert, Tone It Up protein bar.
Dinner - grilled chicken breast, leftover ratatouille
Evening Snack - Activia mango yogurt, kiwi


Wish me luck in (trying really hard) keeping it together!
- Teeny Bikini

No comments:

Post a Comment