Monday, April 11, 2011

First Check-In

Saturday was when all this feel-good motivation came blaring out of me like some frat party on college game day. The sun was shining and I had just signed up for a women's only beginners running group through Bois de Boulogne. I have "run" all of 5 times in my life but as gyms in Paris are outrageously expensive, nothing sounds better than "cheap fitness." Waking up a bit too late - the group takes off at 8am! - I missed the group but decided I better just jog it alone since I was already there. After 50 minutes of jogging (a record first, might I add!) I was feeling on top of the world. The day continued on equally fantastic as I indulged in the first truly warm day of the season.

Just workin' on my fitness:
50 minutes of jogging
40 lunges
30 second plank x 2
20 push ups x 2
20 tricep dips x 2

And food, too:
Breakfast: raspberry, pineapple, banana smoothie
Post-workout: Tone It Up peanut butter banana protein smoothie
Lunch: quiche and green salad
Afternoon snack: 2 glasses of red wine (okay, okay, I know...) and 1 scoop pumpkin spice ice cream (ugh, I LOVE food ok?)
Dinner: homemade vegetable soup and Activia Kiwi yogurt

Today wasn't quite so successful....

Fergalicious fitness:
zero.

The eats:
Breakfast: oatmeal with flaxseed and raisins
Lunch: tabouli and tomato basil soup
Snack: Tone It Up protein bars and 3 oz. mocha
Snack 2: baguette
Dinner: 3 oz. grilled beef, 1.5 cups potatoes, Activia yogurt

- Teeny Bikini

No comments:

Post a Comment